Home Gym: Top 3 Reasons Women Should Lift Heavy Weights

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Top 3 Reasons Women Should Lift Heavy Weights

I was sitting in the park this morning while my kids played on the playground...and we began chatting about exercise..

And she said I've started exercising several times and EVERY single time I do I gain weight...SO I quit.  There's no motivation to continue when you gain 4 lbs. in a week and your goal is to lose weight...

Well, I agree with that 100%.  But, this is the exact reason I coach women differently.  This is the exact reason why I hate using the scale as a measurement of one's fitness level.  It tells us nothing related to that.   In fact, most of the fittest women on earth weight a LOT by the scales standards.  According to the BMI, I am obese!!  And my body weight is 150 and body fat is less than 20% right now.

Ummm, something's off.  So this all leads into my 3 reasons women should lift heavy weights.

3) Self-confidence and Empowerment.

Almost ALWAYS, after I've been working with a client for a week or two with weight lifting, they can NOT believe how much stronger they immediately begin to feel.  Increasing 5 lbs. in a lift they couldn't do the week before is pretty FREAKING awesome.  I have realized that most women are crazy-strong.  Stronger than they've ever realized or give themselves credit for being.  AND, my gals who are thicker, like myself, NOW have an AWESOME advantage over their smaller counterparts they've been jealous of for years, because they can lift a whole HECK of a lot of weight.  THIS light suddenly switches on within them that says "I am STRONG."  I can do this.  AND I LOVE this.  And they carry themselves out the door in a whole different way....wearing what I call "confidence."



2) Body Changes.

I will get messages from women right after they finish 4-weeks of my sheSTRENGTH  home fitness program, and say "My BUTT is firming up! I can't believe how different the back of my legs look..." Or "look at my shoulders, there is definitely a muscle popping up out of there..."  After year's and year's of cardio-ing themselves to death and dieting away any muscle they had ONLY to see the scale drop---while also seeing more cellulite appear, she overcomes hear fear of "getting bulky" or "gaining weight" and gives it a try.  She learns how to do the movements safely and effectively in the comfort of her own home.  And even after 2 weeks she can feel things starts firming up...and her motivation shifts from weight lost to strength gained. To NOW having the power to change her entire body, how it looks, feels, and moves.  And that power is unstoppable.  Its what gets her up every morning.  It's what motivates her to buy those short shorts she's eyed for years.  It's taking control of her body and striving for strength.

1) Fat Loss Because of Calories Burned

You will shed more fat with lifting weights than most other forms of exercise.  Because weight lifting causes a hormonal response in the body, that continues to burn long after the session is over.  And as more lean muscle is added, more fat is burned at a resting and working state.  Just like men, who can lose more weight quicker, because of more lean mass...women can do the same, by lifting weights and increasing lean mass--which equates to more fat lost.  This fat lost is usually shown in how clothes fit, through pictures, and through inches lost--NOT the scale. 


Are you ready to give heavy lifting a try??
I know many of you are probably fearful of what that means.  Of getting hurt. Of getting bulky.  But, I ask you to give it a try for 5 weeks at a minimum and experience it for yourself.

I lead women just like yourself through online groups, working through 1 day at a time, building foundational strength through a scientifically-based program.  You will receive daily coaching and encouragement.  Accountability from other women and myself.  In addition you receive a tool kit to prepare healthy meals, recipe ideas, nutrition facts for lifting weights and growing muscles.  PLUS 1 week of mental mindset training and growth.  I KNOW you will be amazed at how you feel and how your body changes in just a short time.


To start redefining your own version of strength and being strong, I would LOVE to have you be a part of my movement.  It is a journey to being stronger. Being a better version of YOU.  And it starts with YOU.

So sign up to be a part of my 4-week Strength Training Program. I'll email you workouts and video's and my best tips to safely lifting weights at home....



We respect your email privacy
ANNALUNGE.jpg
 YES! Please send me 4-Week's of Daily Workouts to Teach me How to Strength Train Safely and Effectively at Home in under 15 minutes a Day!!!







No comments :

Post a Comment