Home Gym: No Fear.

Saturday, February 6, 2016

No Fear.


I have looked back over the past few years and finally feel like I'm in a place of complete peace.

I feel like I have done a lot of searching in the wrong places for fulfillment. For my purpose. For my platform. My job.

I KNEW my purpose involved people.
I KNEW it involved fitness in some respect.
I KNEW it would include my writing.
And I KNEW it would be about something bigger than me.

BUT I knew it would include being a wife and mommy first.  And that was the piece I couldn't quite figure out and incorporate.

I tried working in a gym, which I loved, and helping people 1--1. Coaching group classes.  Helping people achieve big goals....BUT it was pulling me away from my family and their needs.

So I had to quit.

I tried opening my own fitness studio, which I loved, and had always dreamed of. But God called me away from that.  We were supposed to adopt a baby with special needs all the way across the world, instead.

So I closed the doors.

I tried to make a run for CrossFit Regionals as an athlete and mom. And wife. Proving there are no excuses if you want to pursue your dreams.  That you just have to make sacrifices and train hard. And I loved it. Made great friends got in GREAT shape.  But my family suffered. I was always tired. Pushing through another hour of workouts. It just wasn't/isn't my time. Yet.

So I semi-retired.

I quit training and coaching altogether because I just couldn't find a perfect match for it all. I sort of gave up on it all and sought to try to find fulfillment in just being home and focused 100% on my husband and kids.  Which I loved. But desperately missed my work.

So I prayed. Fasted. And shut myself off from all people and social media for a LONG time.

And when I reopened my world to social media and the options of fitness again, I came across opening an online fitness studio.
I had my reservations about how this would all work. I had my fears about it taking me away from my family again. About failing my duties of a wife and mom.  I wanted this to be what I was supposed to do. Because all my selfish attempts before had failed.  I was approaching this direction with a whole new mindset. One of humility. Faith. And openness to whatever God had planned for me.

I no longer had FEAR.

I prayed about it and asked God to reveal to me what my plan of action should be with this opportunity to coach people in fitness from home.  About still being able to be a wife and mom and get my kids to therapies and appointments...BUT still be able to coach and train the people I love. And use my gifts to change lives.  Like I knew I was supposed too...just not sure how up to this point. Because every way before had failed.

And after all of this time, I chose to make the leap. Praying that if this wasn't supposed to be the direction I go with my dreams and my business, then God would close the doors quietly and I could move on.  And I had this overwhelming peace about it all.

And here I am...9 months in...still at complete peace.  YET completely overwhelmed because of the perfect plan God had set for me.  I still get to do what I love. Work with people. Inspire them. Encourage them. Interact with them. Extend grace. And share my passion for fitness...YET STILL BE HOME...with my kids and husband.  I can work when I want. Where I want. How I want.

AND I have NO FEAR.  When I speak to people I know what I'm saying is completely true. Completely effective.  And completely what I'm supposed to be doing.  I can approach people in full confidence knowing what I am sharing with them is going to change their life. It will work. It will only help them.  It isn't a fad. It isn't a pill. Or a patch.  It has no negative side effects.  And if they aren't ready to join me. Or are currently trying another way. I'm good with that. Because I have full confidence in God's plan for me and this business. I have full confidence in what I'm doing.  And if they are supposed to join me as client. Or join our team as a coach. It will happen when it is supposed too. 

And that what I'm doing is all about 4 simple truths. 
  • Exercise.
  • Nutrition.
  • Accountability.
  • Possibility.
And I praise God everyday for this perfect opportunity. For the blessings He has given me through relationships, friendships, financial freedoms, paying off debts, being at home with my family, the full support of my husband, new mercies each day, a vision and a dream for whats ahead. And lots of HOPE for those I have the opportunity to impact over the years with this business.





No comments :

Post a Comment