Home Gym: When You Don't Feel You Compare

Monday, January 9, 2017

When You Don't Feel You Compare

The end of the year for entrepreneurs involves a lot auditing, figuring, organizing and preparing for the next year's taxes. As I've scrolled through our finances it is sometimes hard not to see the fruits of my efforts with my fitness businesses...especially with the hopes and goals I have and where I'm at right now. Seems like you work so hard and don't have anything to show for it.

Because according to all my other entrepreneur friends...

I wasn't able to buy a new vehicle.
We didn't go on a lavish vacation.
I wasn't able to spoil my kids with memorable trips.
We didn't remodel the bathroom.

And that's what I see and have fallen into a trap of comparing with.


Because what I have forgotten is:
We have a son with extra physical needs meaning I had to write checks for his dental sedation appointments at a hospital instead of a regular dentist.

I had to pay for a cardiology appointment just to get approval for the dentist. 

I had to pay for lab work for the cardiologist because insurance is saying Down Syndrome isn't a medical condition. 

We had to restart some therapies for some unspoken struggles. 

We have to drive to Kansas City (3+ hours away) for appointments every few months. 

And we were able to pay for it all. Out of our monthly income. On time.

So while it isn't glamorous or noteworthy...it's the truth that is our lives. And I'm grateful to say we signed each check with confidence to provide for our family. 

This is our life. And we chose it. And I'm choosing to be INCREDIBLY grateful I have a job that allows the freedom of time and money. Even if it isn't a beach-setting! Ha!



2 comments :