Home Gym: You Actually DON'T Want to Lose Weight

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

You Actually DON'T Want to Lose Weight


Profile pic I had made when I launched Woods Wellness in 2007
I drove a '74 Nova to high school.  My dad bought it from an elderly woman who hadn't done a thing to it since she bought it back in 1974.  It needed a new engine and lots of work.  This vehicle was a labor of love from day 1.  I drove it before the engine was replaced.  It didn't have a reverse in it, so I had to drive around and around the school parking lot until I found a spot I could pull into forward.  And after sports at the end of the day, I had to ask friends to help push me back from my parking spot so I could pull forward.  OR I had to wait until that person parked in front of me left from the school as well.  


One of the fitness classes that started it all for me with special populations.

Every Sunday I would detail that vehicle.  Inside would be spotless.  I washed and waxed it weekly.  I saved my money to put a new CD player in it after Christmas.  I LOVED that vehicle.  I helped pay for the insurance on it by working after school and on the weekends, before and after sporting events.  I watched my dad spend hours rebuilding the engine and fixing odds and ends on it over the summer so it would be driveable by fall.  

It was SO important to me.  

BECAUSE I invested my time into it, my dad invested his time into it, and I was paying for it--it was my ONLY option for a vehicle.

Therefore, I HAD TO TAKE CARE OF IT. It meant that much to me.

Much like our bodies...

And as I sit here at my computer, once again, tears streaming down my face (because I am an empath)...and apparently I can even "sense" people's feelings through the computer screen.

And IT KILLS ME.  Because I can see it.  I can feel it.

...DESPERATION.
This desire to lose weight.  To lose weight quickly.  To lose those inches. To have more energy.  To look good.  To fit into our clothes better.  To run a race.  To be an example for our kids...

All of it. I get it. I've heard it. OVER AND OVER.

And the same people, fall for the same quick weight loss schemes, OVER AND OVER.  This year they are chasing this product, last year it was a different product.  YET...the problem still remains.

AND you know what??!?
The problem isn't you being overweight.  Or you needing to lose inches. Or look good.  NOPE. You aren't desperate for those things...

You are actually desperate TO LOVE YOURSELF.  
Because if you loved yourself enough to take care of yourself...

WE WOULDN'T BE IN THIS SAME SITUATION AGAIN....THIS 2017.  Just like 2016, 2015....
Chasing another quick promise...we HOPE, just HOPE will fill this void.

But I will tell you right now. It WON'T.

In 1 month...you may feel great. Maybe even in 2 months...but then what?  You might even lose all the weight...GREAT! I love it!  

BUT if there is not a mindset switch.  If there is not self-love.  Which leads to self-care.  Then nothing has changed. 

"I failed again!"  "I am sorry you are going to be mad at me because..."  "Ok, I give up...I'll try your way now...what do I need to do?"

I hear this no less than 20x a day.  And you know what...people are always amazed when I say.

1) Quit something today.  Something you don't need to be doing.
2) Spend no less than 10 minutes a day listening to personal development.  Reading a book. Meditating.
3) Find new friends, friends who support you.  If you are going to do this, and change your mindset, you need better influencer's.
4) Do something today you can continue for life.  

....if you do these things...then we will chat about a fitness program.

BECAUSE I am here to make you fall in love with yourself again.  Fall in love with the process of taking care of yourself.  Fall in love with how you feel when you invest in yourself and you EARN that right to feel better, look better, and therefore, BE better!!

And that won't be easy. I don't promise that.  But it will be worth it. 
So ask yourself...before you hit "PAY" on that quick fix button...

What am I REALLY WANTING HERE???

<3 Anna

No comments :

Post a Comment