Home Gym: Living the Life...

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Living the Life...

My husband and I like to use our gym time as a way to connect in our otherwise loud, chaotic world.  Even if it's just him sitting in a chair while I lift and chat...or me lying on the mat stretching while he presses out some bench weights...it's still "our time."  Our children know this and typically honor that.  Today, though, for some reason, no one can seem to get a grip on life.

Tears.
Screaming.
Hitting.
Fighting.
Complaining.
WAAAHHHH...

Jerad and I were sitting outside, sweating to death, but trying to get a few minutes to catch up since he's working so much lately...at work, on the house, etc.  And the dog is barking in her pen because she wants out. Autum's screaming through the indoor window because Leah didn't fold half of the clothes. Blake's throwing his toys against the wall in his room echoing outside because he is supposed to be taking a nap after getting in trouble at church.

And Jerad pulls his sunglasses down and says, "this is the life I tell you!"

And we both just died laughing.  Seriously.  Somedays.

  • I am tired from working really hard for my team, on my fitness business, and managing the house alone the past few days.
  • I was told this morning at Sunday School for the 4 or 5th time that no one knows how to handle Blake in Sunday School..."can I figure something out?"
  • We had a bout with 2 wasps getting ready for church that lead to what you'd think was an earthquake in the girl's bathroom and a requirement to "do #2 in town at a gas station or church" because of FEAR.
  • The kids were tired from being outside all day the past 2 days and up late at night swimming and watching movies.
And it all came to a head this afternoon in our desperate attempt to just "chat."

So I am sitting here diffusing my frustration and anger into my writing...while my kids are all crying in their rooms because I made the executive decision we all needed naps today. We weren't going swimming. And that was that.

So for now, between screams of "you're the worst mom ever" I am sipping on my cold tea, chatting with Jerad...and trying to find the blessings in this day.  Because they have to be there somewhere, right?!?

Ha!
Moving on...
Don't let this picture perfect photo FOOL you...

No comments :

Post a Comment